Main Article Content
The development of minimarkets which generally provide high-calorie foods raises concerns about obesity. This study aimed to see a description of obesity prevalence of community around minimarket area in Makassar city. This type of research was descriptive quantitative with cross sectional design. The population was Makassar people who live around minimarkets with samples selected using the EPI (Expended Program on Immunization) Coverage Survey method by WHO which randomly selected 30 minimarkets as a cluster. In each cluster 27 households were selected as samples so that there were a total of 810 samples. In each household, 1 respondent was selected. Data was collected using a questionnaire to determine the characteristics of respondents and anthropometric measurements in the form of weighing and measuring height to determine Body Mass Index (BMI) in determining obesity status. Data were analyzed by SPSS program with univariate and bivariate analysis. The results showed that based on the calculation of BMI, the prevalence of obesity was 13% (n=105). The conclusion from this study was the prevalence of obesity in the community around minimarket area in Makassar city was 13% lower than the national obesity prevalence which was 21.8%. It was recommended that the measurement of nutritional status can be carried out on an ongoing basis to monitor the nutritional status of the community.
- 1. Pradono J, Felly S, Soemantri S. 2015. Transisi Kesehatan di Indonesia (Kajian Data Surkesnas). Jurnal Ekologi Kesehatan. 4(3): 336-50.
- 2. Jakicic JM, Otto AD. 2015. Physical Activity Considerations for The Treatment and Prevention of Obesity. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 82: 226-9.
- 3. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2018. Laporan Nasional Riset Kesehatan Dasar. Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan.
- 4. Aekplakorn W, Hogan M, Chongsuvivatwong V, Tatsanavivat P, Chariyalertsak S, Boonthum A, Tiptaradol S, Lim S. 2017. Trends in Obesity and Associations with Education and Urban or Rural Residence in Thailand. Asia Pasific Journal of Clinical Nutrtion. 15: 3113-21.
- 5. Suryana A, Ariani M, Lokollo E. 2018. The Role of Modern Markets in Influencing Lifestyles in Indonesia. Jurnal Litbang Pertanian. 27(1).
- 6. Dinas Perindustrian dan Perdagangan. 2011. Daftar Data Pasar Modern. Dinas Perindustrian dan Perdagangan Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan.
- 7. Nugroho K. 2012. Fenomena Menjamurnya Minimarket. Tersedia di: http://krisnonugroho.wordpress.com/diakses pada 15 Februari, 2012.
- 8. Budiningtyas F. 2011. Analisis Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Minat Beli Konsumen Pada Minimarket di Kecamatan Banjarsari Kota Surakarta (Tesis). Surakarta: Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
- 9. Hill J.O. 2005. Obesity: Etiology in Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. USA: Lippincot Williams.
- 10. Soegih R, Wiramihardja K, Firmansah A, Nugraha G, Fatimah S, Fitriyanti S, Kusumawardhani V. 2009. Obesitas: Permasalahan dan Terapi Praktis. Jakarta: Sagung Seto.